Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you’re part of a team.
Programming with a friend has many advantages over programming alone. These include:
- You automatically gain two experts on this section of the code. This avoids the problem where only one person knows how some particular thing works.
- Problems are solved more quickly.
- Integration is faster.
- There is better adoption of standards and style. Not everything is caught by the automated style enforcement tools, so it helps a lot to have two people working together to ensure that software is written the right way.
- You will handle interruptions better.
- People are can be brought up to speed more quickly. This is particularly helpful when a new person joins a team.